Translator Training in Ireland
Dublin City University:
- BA in Applied Language and Translation Studies (French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese)
- European Masters in Translation Studies (Irish, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese).
- European Masters in Translation Technology (also part of European Masters network)
Trinity College Dublin:
University College Cork:
- MA in Translation Studies (Chinese, French, German, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish)
- MA in Translation Studies (French, German, Irish, Italian, Spanish)
Translator training outside Ireland
The Chartered Institute of Linguists in the UK offers the Diploma in Translation, (DipTrans) an internationally recognised qualification. Offers a qualification in some languages that are not taught at universities in Ireland.
In addition, there are a number of Universities in the European Masters in Translation Network (EMT) that provide training for translators.