What is Professional Membership?
Professional Membership is a professional qualification awarded by the ITIA to established translators or interpreters who meet strict criteria in relation to:
- Qualification(s) AND
- a minimum of three years documented translation and/or interpreting experience AND
- a PASS in the ITIA Professional Membership Examination.
The ITIA Professional Membership Sub-Committee organises the application process and the examinations for Professional Membership.
Applications are accepted once a year in November.
A free compulsory webinar for those intending to apply for Professional Membership of the ITIA will take place on Saturday, 11 November 2023, from 11 am to 12 midday. To book a place on the webinar, please send an email to: email@example.com.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5 pm, Friday, 24 November 2023.
The next Professional Membership examinations will be held on Friday, 23 February 2024 (language combinations out of English) and Saturday, 24 February 2024 (language combinations into English).
- ITIA Professional Membership application procedure
- ITIA Professional Membership criteria
- ITIA Professional Membership application form (Word doc)
- ITIA Professional Membership application form (PDF)
Please read the document ITIA Professional Membership application procedure carefully. It explains the application process in detail and will aid you in submitting your application.
Submitting your application
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Checklist of documents to be submitted:
- Full and up-to-date CV
- Completed Professional Membership application form
- Proof of relevant qualification(s)
- Proof of professional experience
Please use as few files as possible and label the documents as explained in the procedure document (i.e. surname_type of document, e.g. Murphy_CV).
Past candidates intending to resit, please submit pages 1 to 3 only of the application form.
Further qualification as ITIA Certified Legal Translator
Professional Members of the ITIA who specialise in legal translation may be interested in becoming an ITIA Certified Legal Translator.