Professional Membership is awarded to translators or interpreters who meet the strict criteria of the ITIA with regard to:
- Qualification(s) and
- Achieving a PASS in the annual ITIA Professional Membership Examination (translator or interpreter).
- Level of documented translation and/or interpreting experience.
For further information please consult the detailed application criteria in relation to required qualification and required evidence of translation and/or interpreting experience.
The ITIA Professional Membership Sub-Committee organises the application process and the examination for professional membership. Applications are accepted once a year.
The compulsory webinar for those intending to apply for Professional Membership of the ITIA will take place on
Saturday, 5 November 2022, from 11 am to 12 pm
The deadline for receipt of applications (by email only) is
5 pm, Friday, 25 November 2022
The Professional Membership examinations will be held on
Friday, 17 February 2023 (translation out of English) and
Saturday, 18 February 2023 (translation into English)
The following documents are for information only, as the dates listed will be revised to reflect the new application deadline/year etc.:
- ITIA Professional Membership application procedure
- ITIA Professional Membership criteria
- ITIA Professional Membership application form (Word doc)
- ITIA Professional Membership application form (PDF)
Please read the document ITIA Professional Membership application procedure carefully. It explains the application process in detail and will aid you in submitting your application.
When sending in your application, please make sure the following documents are included:
- Full and up-to-date CV
- Signed Declaration, confirming that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the current ITIA codes, the ITIA Logo Policy and the privacy policies
- Completed professional membership application form
- Proof of relevant qualification(s)
- Proof of professional experience
Please use as few files as possible and label the documents as explained in the procedure document.
For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Further qualification as ITIA Certified Legal Translator
Approved Professional Members of the ITIA who specialise in legal translation may be interested in becoming an ITIA Certified Legal Translator.