The ITIA is the only professional body representing the interests of practising translators and interpreters in Ireland. Since 1986 the association has promoted the highest standards within the profession in addition to fostering a wider understanding of the highly skilled and exacting nature of the professions.
A not-for-profit organisation with more than 300 members providing services in 40+ languages, the ITIA is the main point of contact for trade and industry, government and educational and training bodies.
ITIA Membership Benefits
- Online visibility on our searchable database for Professional and Associate members
- Professional development seminars and workshops
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses at our European sister associations at member rates, for example at the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), the Bundesverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer (BDÜ), Asociación Española de Traductores, Correctores e Interpretes (Asetrad)
- Access to job offers through members’ mailing list
- Networking opportunities at ITIA events
- Representation at national level
- regular submissions to the Courts Service, the Oireachtas, the Medical Council, An Garda Siochana, the Law Society
- participation on Government advisory committee to examine cost-effective translation and interpreting for Government departments
- articles to the media
- member of the Board of the Irish Writers’ Centre
- Representation at international level as a member of
- Quarterly e-zine, the ITIA Bulletin
- ITIA journal Translation Ireland
Check out our members’ stories where ITIA members talk about their work as translators and/or interpreters.