Professional Membership is awarded to translators or interpreters who meet the strict criteria of the ITIA with regard to:
- Qualification(s) and
- Level of documented translation and/or interpreting experience and
- Achieving a PASS in the annual ITIA Professional Membership Examination (translator or interpreter).
The ITIA Professional Membership Sub-Committee organises the application process and the examination for professional membership. The next deadline for acceptance of applications will be posted here.
When sending in your application, please make sure the following documents are included:
- Full and up-to-date CV
- Signed Declaration, thereby confirming ITIA Code of Practice and Professional Ethics
- Completed professional membership application form*
- Proof of relevant qualification
- Proof of professional experience
* Please note: The application form for professional membership will not be available until the deadline for acceptance of applications is announced.
For further details please contact email@example.com
Further qualification as ITIA Certified Legal Translator
Approved Professional Members of the ITIA who specialise in legal translation may be interested in becoming an ITIA Certified Legal Translator.