A webinar in two parts with Josh Goldsmith
Wish you could create high-quality translation and interpreting glossaries faster?
In these two hands-on webinars, we’ll explore how to use cutting-edge tools to shave time off preparation and prepare top-notch glossaries for your translation and interpreting assignments.
Session 1: Pull key terms from your documents with terminology extraction
We’ll begin this session by discussing how to create good glossaries and where to find terms, then explore three different tools for creating glossaries – with a tablet and stylus, from parallel documents, and with automatic terminology extraction.
- Introduction to glossaries
- Where to find terms
- Glossary design and formats
- Manual, semi-automatic, and automatic terminology extraction
- Use your tablet and stylus to quickly create a glossary
- Manually extract terms from parallel documents
- Automatic terminology extraction from monolingual and bilingual texts
Session 2: Use Artificial Intelligence to understand terms in context and quickly generate glossaries
Artificial Intelligence is taking the world by storm. How can we use it to create glossaries, and what risks does this entail?
- How AI works
- AI and confidentiality
- Why I’m not currently recommending ChatGPT for creating glossaries (+ the tools I prefer)
- Create lists of terms and acronyms using AI
- Use AI to see how terms are used in context
- Automatically create monolingual and multilingual glossaries with AI
Josh is a UN and EU accredited translator and interpreter working from Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and Catalan into English. He splits his time between interpreting, translating, and working as a trainer and researcher focusing on the intersection between interpreting, technology and education.
As Founder and Chief Educational Officer of techforword, Josh shares tips about technology, translation and interpreting in conferences and workshops, academic articles, as co-host of the Innovation in Translation Summit andthe Innovation in Interpreting Summit, and at techforword insiders, the premiere online community for tech-savvy language professionals.
Session 1: 2 May 2023, 3 to 5 pm Irish time (16 to 18 h CET) and
Session 2: 16 May 2023, 3 to 5 pm Irish time (16 to 18 h CET)
Cost for the two sessions (only bookable as a package), which will be recorded and made available:
- €50 for ITIA members and members of other FIT associations
- Free to ITIA student members
- €80 for all others
ITIA webinar – Create glossaries in a flash
ITIA members: please include your membership number when registering
Members of FIT associations: please include the name of your association and your membership number when registering