Associate Membership is available to
a) language professionals with at least a level 7 qualification on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent in translation and/or interpreting and/or languages OR
b) to holders of at least a level 7 qualification on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent in any other discipline, together with documented proof of two years recent, full-time relevant translation and/or interpreting experience.
You may apply for Associate membership at any point during the subscription year which runs from 1 June to 31 May. The annual subscription is €80. The ITIA offers a reduced subscription for those joining after 1 December.
If your application is approved, you will be
- contacted about payment of the relevant subscription and
- asked to sign a declaration stating that you agree to abide by the ITIA Constitution and the ITIA Codes of Conduct.
Please do not make a payment prior to this. Once payment and the signed declaration have been received, your details will be included in the ITIA Translator/Interpreter Directory and mailing list.
Applications for Associate membership are accepted all year round by email to email@example.com. Please save all documents in one file (where possible) and name the file as follows: Surname_associate.
- Full and up-to-date CV (saved as surname_CV)
- Completed ITIA Associate membership application form (please save as surname_application)
- Proof of relevant qualification(s) accompanied by certified translation if issued in a language other than English or Irish (saved as surname_qualification)
- Where applicable, proof of recent professional experience (saved as surname_experience)
Please ensure that you include all required documents.
If you have any questions, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org