Our thanks to all who entered and congratulations to the winners.
We would also like to thank the teachers for encouraging the students to enter and for fostering their interest in languages.
The following are the winners of the 2019 competition:
- Irish: Zoya Nic Eibhearáird Coláiste Pobail Ráth Carin
- Polish: Julia Fryze St.Finian’s College, Mullingar, Co Westmeath
- French: Gloria Okafor, Ardscoil Na Tríonóide, Athy, Co Kildare.
- Chinese: Vickey He, Maynooth Community College, Co. Kildare
- German: Niamh Krahn Maynooth Education Campus
- Italian: Sophie Yeung Colaiste Chiarain, Croom, Co. Limerick
- Japanese: Conn Murphy St. Michaels College, Ailsebury Road, Dublin 4
- Spanish: Jack Hayes Ballymahon Vocational School
A call for entries to the ITIA’s 2019 Translation competition for secondary school language students went out on 1st May. We are delighted to have received 55 entries. The language breakdown is as follows:
- Chinese 1
- French 7
- German 16
- Irish 18
- Italian 2
- Japanese 2
- Polish 1
- Spanish 8
The translations are being assessed by members of the Executive Committee and other members. We will have the results in September. Prize giving will follow – we will keep you posted. We would like to thank all the students and their teachers for taking the time and trouble to enter the competition and really hope you enjoyed translating the texts.